The Blue Mountains Soccer Club is a volunteer-run organization and we are very thankful to all the volunteers who make our programs possible. This page provides information for coaches and other volunteers.
All volunteers will require:
- A completed volunteer application form
- An approved backgroud screening completed by SterlingBackCheck (expense covered by club)
Coaches need to have the above requirements met, as well as:
- Respect In Sport for Activity Leaders (expense covered by club, U9 and older coaches)
- Additionally, if willing, coaches are invited to register in the age appropriate Ontario Soccer Coaching courses and the club will reimburse this fee upon successful completion.
For the 2019 season
Coaches who complete their Respect in Sport and an approved Ontario Soccer course will receive a 50% rebate toward the registration of the team they coach once their coaching is approved.
BMSC is hosting a course that is geared towards coaches interested in coaching U4, U6 and U8 divisions. Our coaches are invited to attend this course at no charge.
- FUNdamentals course
- June 8, 2019
- 9 am to 5 pm
- Beaver Valley Community Centre
No previous coaching or soccer experience is required. Participants simply need to be 16 years of age on the date of the course. This course will provide new coaches with the necessary skills, drills and confidence to coach. Experienced coaches can further refine their skills, as well as benefit from the mentorship of an Ontario Soccer accredited, expert learning facilitator.
If you are unable to attend our course, you may register for another course via Coach Centre (create an account then search for your course).